QR Code Link to This Post
Process customer credit application in a timely manner. Obtains needed documents as well as requests credit bureau reports. Perform credit investigations. Maintains Application Status Log. Updates credit files for existing accounts. Maintain and organize customers’ credit files. Communicates regularly with internal and external customers to process service related tasks in relation to customer credit accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for new accounts credit application processing. Ensure fully completed credit applications are obtained from sales people before administrating credit investigations.
- Perform credit reviews and investigations by obtaining reports such as D&B, TRW, property search, verify trade and bank references and any other ways to determine credit worthiness of potential customer.
- Fill out credit worksheet summary form for each customer to be submitted to Credit Manager for credit review, analysis and approval.
- Maintains Application Status Log by logging in new sales applications and noting if the account was approved or denied. Prepare monthly reports for all divisions on number of new accounts processed, approved, denied and pending.
- Update customer files periodically or as necessary by obtaining updated credit information and financial information.
- Responsible for processing request for credit line increases from existing customers by reviewing the existing credit files, obtain payment history from the collectors, and obtain credit reports, and additional credit information.
- Responsible for setting up accounts in the system and updating for name changes, terms changes, bank changes, and additional branch and location.
- Responsible for maintaining and organizing customers’ credit files.
- Maintain D&B and TRW log and monthly reconciliation of usage to ensure the Companies are properly billed accordingly by the outside service credit bureaus.
- Answer department telephones and perform clerical functions, such as data entry, typing, filing, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- May cross train and/or act as back-up for other functions within the credit
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Promote and support company image standards
- Cross train and/or act as back up for other positions in the department
- Adheres to all city, county, state and federal regulations
- Stay familiar with the Company Handbook and Company Policies
- Communicate effectively with team members in other departments to resolve problems and provide information as needed
- Work in a safe manner at all times and report all accidents immediately
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be capable of performing each of the above stated essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in Accounts Receivable is required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Accounting background is preferred.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers, managers, and other employees, as well as, to communicate in an effective and tactful manner is necessary.
- Must have a good understanding of effective customer service skills and techniques.
- Ability to accurately enter data into computer, as well as, to perform clerical functions such as data entry, filing, photocopying, faxing, etc. is necessary. Working knowledge of word-processing and/or spreadsheet programs, such as WORD and EXCEL is preferred.
LANGUAGE and/or COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
HIGH skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other TMs.
INTERMEDIATE skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.